Friday, August 4, 2017

We ALL Loved Linda

The weather was perfect for a night on the lake.
Between sixty and seventy friends and relatives helped me celebrate my wife's life and it was a wonderful evening.  Both of us were adamant about not having a funeral.  We hated attending them and often spoke of our desire never to put friends and family through one of our own.  No, we would have a party, a cruise!  It was in our wills.  Secretly I had always imagined that it would be Linda putting together a blowout for me but, sadly, she outsmarted me and beat me out the door.   Lucky for me our daughters took charge of most of the details and made sure everything ran smoothly.  All I had to do was my usual, "dumb old dad" act.  Type cast yet again.

We partied with people from all over the country, some I hadn't seen in more than thirty years.  I kept thinking that Linda would have loved seeing them too and, who knows, maybe she did.

My daughter Kelly's husband, Pavol, took tons of pictures of the celebration and I have just now begun to sort through them.  I offer a few of them here for those of you who knew and loved Linda, but were unable to attend.  You missed a good time.  The hard part was going home to a house that seems more than a little empty without her.  I may never get used to that.



Grandson Dan with two less than seaworthy mates.

The kid should make admiral in a year or two.



Daughter Katie and my brother Steve getting pictures set up.
Neighbor Sharron thinks I need a hug.  She's right!

A dandy night on the top deck.

Old radio pal Dayle Nelson came over from Tacoma/Seattle.

Me wondering if maybe I AM losing my hair?

Eddie, Doug, Kelly, Kenny, Steve

There seems to be a genuine interest in finding the bar.  "Copper's buying!"



Niece Julie listens to nephew Eddie describe either a fish, a putt or.....?  Nah!
Daughter Katie found the bar!

My cousin Jim came all the way from Tennessee.

Everybody had a different Linda story.

Whackjob neighbor Alex in her usual pose.

Katie, Kelly and Alex

Neighbors Denny and Amy

Julie, Bob and Chuck

Neighbor Pam, daughter Kelly and neighbor Roxanne

Cool Daddy Rick and Bobby T

My brother Steve and his wife, Bre

Me with the women who now prop me up

Me with our boat buddies Sam and Jeannie

Guests having a good laugh as I am presented with the bar tab.

Pictures of Linda 

Linda's brother Bob and his wife Judy
Our friend Sharon and old pal Bill Bauce

Captain Bob and "Skipper" Dave Erickson congratulate each other on not going aground.

No comments: