Friday, June 5, 2015

The Face Is Familiar...


"Please stop talking, I'm trying to watch the show," my wife explains as I attempt to enrich her movie viewing experience by providing illuminating insight regarding certain actors.  For as long as I can remember I have been fascinated by "working" actors.  The "stars" we all know plenty about but the talented folks who we see time and again in myriad roles largely remain strangers to us.  Though you've seen them in probably hundreds of films and TV shows and recognize their faces, you don't know their names.  I do.  I don't know why but I've made it a point to find out about them and relish sharing this knowledge with anyone--awake or asleep-- within earshot.  Think of me as the Cliff Klaven (John Ratzenberger, by the way) of acting trivia.

Because it's summer and I am stuck for blog material,  I thought it might be fun to offer a small quiz challenging you to match the faces with the names of some of the longtime show business workhorses.  I offer NO prize other than the opportunity to be hushed by others who think you're insane.  
If you've stayed with me this far you are weird enough to accept the assignment; so here goes…

MATCH THE FACE WITH THE NAME  (You too can begin boring family and friends!)


1.

2.

3.
4.

5.




6.
7.
8.



9.




10.

11.





NAMES:
  A. Francis Sternhagen
B. Martin Balsam
C. Neville Brand
D.  Bob Dishy
E. Bonnie Bedelia
F.  Wemdell Corey
G. Whit Bissell
H.  Kate Burton
I.  Deborah Walley
J.  Titus Welliver
K.  Dennis Farina



ANSWERS:
 1. H

2. K
3. B
4. F
5. J
6. E
7. I
8. D
9. C
10. G
11. A


No comments: