Friday, June 22, 2012

The Ace Man Does It Again

Adam Carolla
I'm stingy with my laughs.  I can find a book, movie or TV show extremely funny without ever once laughing out loud.  That's just the way it is.

There are a very few people who make me LOL.  Bob Newhart can do it as can Tina Fey, Tom Arnold, (I can't explain it), George Carlin and the hilarity inducing Jonathon Winters.  All have caused milk to shoot out my schnoz.  In the past few years  another name has been added to my pantheon of funny folks:  Adam Carolla.  The guy is fall down comical.  He is profane and anything but politically correct, two traits that always score big in my comedy wheelhouse.  

These days, like most broadcasters with talent,  he has joined the very long conga line of "former" radio hosts.  His L.A. based show got chopped by the corporate D nozzles a couple of years back and Adam decided to take his act to the Internet where he is now the most downloaded podcast on i-tunes.   He's a certified hit and even funnier now that he is no longer subject to the vagaries of the FCC and constipated management with their indecipherable cowardly interpretation of good taste.  His success has spawned an entire network, ACE Broadcasting, which now produces and distributes podcasts from very funny people such as Larry Miller and Penn Jillette.

Carolla has also become a movie mogul of sorts and an author.  His movie, "The Hammer"is out on DVD and he has put together two very funny books.  The first, In 50 Years We'll All Be Chicks, was a best seller and now there is another.  Not Taco Bell Material, is just out and has me--you guessed it--laughing out loud.   (I read in bed and it's really starting to piss off the wife.)  The "Ace Man"--that's what we aficionados call him-- has done it again.   As I mentioned, I'm a tough laugh and this one has me yukking it up bigtime.  It may not be for everyone, but if you dig the Stooges, (calling all guys), and can't stand authority, this is the book for you.  

This one is guaranteed NEVER to be endorsed by Oprah's Book Club.
The Ace Man has done it again.
   


No comments: