Friday, May 29, 2009

And the winner is...

This is it.
Tuesday morning we find out what the new grandkid will be sporting in the gender department. This is all new to Linda and me and frankly I find it more than okay. Ultrasound rules!



Katie and Doug have invited us to be there when the big reveal happens. I suspect they're nuts, but since I'm new to this grandpa gig I'm not going to turn down any science that will help me narrow down my toy shopping. Will I head straight for the trampolines at the toy store, or will it be an afternoon of checking the "comps" on several Barbie doll houses? Whatever the case, there's a world o' shopping to do. And...it's gonna be FUN!

I remember when "we" were pregnant with daughters Kelly and Katie waaaay back in the early seventies. Nobody had any forewarning of who or what might "pop out" in nine months. Relatives and friends were flying blind when it came to gifts for the new arrival. "Oh, don't worry. You can take those blue jammies with the trucks on them back to the store for something pink and frilly." (Actually, most of my friends gave inappropriate gifts from the liquor store that came in handy for ANY occasion.)

Oh, by the way... I found a terrific new book for my son-in-law. It is perfect for any new father or father-to-be. "Home Game" by Michael Lewis is screamingly funny and quite useful as a guide to fatherhood. It's published by W.W. Norton and is available in most bookstores or on Amazon.com. Come to think of it...this is a dandy book for any guy who is already a father.

Father's Day is coming!

This book would garner a big laugh from your old man. Buy it!
(Must I do everything?)





I found this picture on the web. Cool cap!
Maybe I'll be shopping for this lid next Tuesday afternoon. Or...maybe I'll be scoping out Barbimobiles. I'm sure GM will have them on sale by then,

No comments: