Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Fable For Our Time...

Once there was a farmer who had a mule.

In need of money, he sold the mule for $100 to another farmer who lived nearby.



On the day he was to deliver the mule to its new owner the farmer found the animal had died.

Farmer One went to Farmer Two and said, "I'm sorry but your mule is dead."



Farmer Two replied, "Then give me back my $100."



"I can't...I spent the money," said Farmer One.



Farmer Two then insisted that Farmer One deliver the dead mule to him immediately.



"Why would you want a dead mule?" exclaimed Farmer One.



"I plan to raffle him off," was the response.

Farmer One thought this strange but was glad to be rid of the mule and the obligation.

Six months later Farmer One ran into Farmer Two at the bank and out of curiosity asked how the raffle of the dead mule had gone.

"Splendid...I charged $3 per raffle ticket and cleared $197 on the deal", said Farmer Two.

A startled Farmer One, amazed at this news, exclaimed, "What???? Didn't anyone complain about the mule being dead?!!??"

"Only the winner...and I refunded his money," came the reply.



CAST:

Farmer One: President Obama

Farmer Two: Democratic Congress Economic Stimulus Bill

Lottery Winner: You (minus the $3 refund of course)

No comments: