Thursday, January 22, 2009

Brother can you spare $3.23?

After watching my not so lavish portfolio go down for the third time this morning I decided it was time to stop dwelling on economic pessimism for a change. So what if Linda and I spend our sunset years in a cardboard box? It's time to, as mom always said, "Look on the sunny side!"
Hadn't she been right about "not having to drink to have fun"? (Well, actually I'm prepared to argue that one with her.) But perhaps it is time to look for the bright spots in everyday life that we so often choose to ignore.

Bright spots like fine dining at Costco...

How do they do it??!! I'm referring, of course, to the delicious tube steak adventure in lunching that offers you and your date a fine Hebrew National beef dog on a bun with mustard, onions and relish along with a 20 ounce soft drink for the price of $3.23. That's right---two dogs; two drinks and an alfresco table on the parking lot for just $3.23 TOTAL!

I KNOW!!!!!!

It has gotten so that I must be careful when thinking of a trip to Costco for fine dining. Linda, when sensing that a Costco lunch might be on the day's agenda, will have her coat on and be sitting in the car before the suggestion is half way out of my pie hole. (If we get there early, there is a good chance of snagging a table with an excellent view of fat guys loading up their sleds with tasty bargains.)

So, snap out of it America!! Get yourself to Costco for the last real GOOD deal of our lives. It's a dinner date for just $3.23 at a Costco near you. Take it from me, Mr. Romance, your sweetheart will be like wet sauerkraut in your hands after a Funchtime on the parking lot at Costco.

Hey...I have been married for forty years! I have the moves.

(cheesy romantic music up and under)

2 comments:

dosten said...

If you want to go upscale, try the dogs at IKEA. Unfortunately they no longer off their wonderful chocolate chip cookies, but they do have ice tea.

Anonymous said...

Now Ken, you and I BOTH know that you don't have a romantic bone in your body!!

signed
"One of the Voices From Your Past"