Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Stuff happens when you're on the road...

You go away for a few days and...
NOTHING stands still in your absence.

Linda and I were in Austin, Texas on business for four days and it seems as though life in San Diego went on without me. Imagine.
I came home to around 1,000 e-mails, (got to get a spam filter), lots of junk snail mail and a stack of San Diego Union-Tribunes, Wall Street Journals and Investor's Business Dailies. You really need to check out the latter for its editorial page. The best! No commies allowed.

Also, waiting for me was the latest New Yorker with a wonderful mention of the work being done by daughter Kelly Copper and her husband, Pavol Liska with their Nature Theater of Oklahoma.





Kelly & Pavol (The talk of New York theater and hair stylists everywhere.)


Sifting through the mail, papers and magazines I am also made aware of a few other changes. My ass has definitely gotten wider from all my trough time in Austin eateries and I notice that the thieving weasels in congress have decided to toss us all a bone in the form of some tax rebate check that we may or may not see sometime this year. I'm not certain what exactly we are supposed to do with this gift of our own money but I think it has been suggested that we use it to buy more potato chips at WalMart. I'm fairly certain that they don't want us to spend it on over-priced houses or whiskey. Although, right now the whiskey looks like it might provide the better return.
Isn't it grand that we have these fine public servants looking out for our money? Yes sir, we're lucky that we don't have to handle that filthy loot ourselves. We might do something really stupid like put it in a bank. They're safe aren't they? What???

It's good to be home.



No comments: