Sunday, January 6, 2008

Embracing your inner Eddie...

The garage door goes up and she's off.
My wife has left on some errand and I am alone in the house.

My mind goes into trouble overdrive. Where are those scissors? Matches?
I immediately think of what neighbors' house to egg. I dismiss this as too risky in broad daylight.
I could let the air out of some tires. Checking the garage it occurs to me that only my car is an available target. Where is the fun in that??
How about sneaking some of dad's whiskey? In the 1960's, between my brother and me the old man's booze supply once consisted of gin and whiskey so watered down that it would today be considered a health drink.

Then it dawns on me. I am two months away from my sixtieth birthday; not my sixteenth!
Does this happen to all guys? This overwhelming desire to seek out and fall in love with any and all trouble that resides within a hundred mile radius??? Are we all destined to embrace our inner Eddie Haskel until the day we check into the mahogany Hilton?

I have decided that the answer is YES.



Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some mischief to sniff out.

Where did you say your old man keeps his Camels?






No comments: