Friday, December 28, 2007

Looking for Laughs?

When was the last time this guy made you laugh?



A prostate exam is funnier than Al Franken



Lucky for us, Mr. Franken is now Minnesota's problem.
But, maybe that is just me. Humor is subjective.
All I know is that Al baby never made me laugh. And, that includes the period before I knew he was a whining liberal wienie.

On the other hand...Bob Newhart and Fred Willard can cause milk to come out of my nose just by showing up. My dad hated Newhart and would actually leave the room if he was on TV.
Go figure.

The reason I bring this up is that with the writers' strike looking to go long term we will all soon be forced to go hunting for yucks in new and different places. Reality shows amuse some of you, but frankly they merely make me want to hunt down and kill each and every one of the unbelievably stupid participants.

Lately, I've been ordering lots of TV classics fill the comedy void at our house. Shows like Sgt Bilko, the old Newhart shows and one of the funniest classics of all time...Groucho Marx's "You Bet Your Life" still hold up as incredibly funny and entertaining fare.

Of course, it's always hard to beat the comedy of politics.
Hillary and the rest of the pathetic sociopaths running for president in the new year will have us all peeing our pants with laughter...until we wake up to the fact that THIS REALLY IS THE BEST WE CAN DO.

In the meantime, I suggest you check out what Amazon and others have to offer.







Tell ' em Groucho sent ya...

No comments: