Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's all about the MARKETING


Striking writers are settling in for a protracted battle with the Hollywood big shots.
In an effort to add some dollars to the guild strike fund they have created a "writers' swag" website which sells t-shirts promoting their cause.

Having been screwed blue by broadcast management types myself, my sympathies belong to the computer toting geeks who provide the funny and mostly intelligent dialog mouthed by overpaid actors. So, in a show of support, I logged on to the writers' website to see what I could buy. To my dismay, they were out of shirts in my size. I made a mental note to try again.

WOW! When I checked again I was gratified to see that these guys and gals are not only great writers...They know how to move merchandise! Instead of a picture of your basic striker tee, they now had they lovely Katherine Heigl of "Grey's Anatomy" modeling the now impossible to resist striker-wear.


I ordered FOUR for Christmas giving and am giving serious consideration to requesting seven more for my back-to-school wardrobe. (Wait a minute...I don't go to school. See how effective good marketing can be??)

So, there you are. They're the perfect Christmas gift for that special someone. Check it out at: strikeswag.com

I didn't think it was possible to find a gift almost as good as one of those leg lamps from "A Christmas Story", but I did.

No comments: