Saturday, October 6, 2007

Time Flies...Dictators Dance









Like it or not, time flies...



It has been one of those weeks.
Most of my effort was devoted to staying off a jury. I was relieved when the judge eliminated me from consideration for a panel that will hear a case that promises to be especially ugly. I'm no longer young and willing to give most people the benefit of the doubt. My philosophy leans more toward, "dirtbag at 21...dirtbag for life." If the guy is sitting at the defendant's table and the cops thought he did it; I'm inclined to agree. That's common sense where I come from.

All the time at the courthouse gave me an opportunity to do a lot of reading and observing...

Maybe you saw the picture of that little Lee Greenwood look-a-like who is the president of Iran embracing the fat pantload dictator of Venezuela while they were both in New York wasting our time at the UN. Is it just me, or does it seem as if they are dancing at their wedding and are seconds away from picking out the furniture?






"There are no people like us in Iran; so we'll have to build our love nest in your country my chubby love pumpkin."




Also, I don't know if I'm the only one to catch this, have you noticed how much TBS sportscaster Dick Stockton is starting to resemble the late actor Jerry Orbach from TVs Law & Order? If I were Stockton, there would be lots of questions for mom.



"Who's your daddy?"





Is it Jerry...or Memorex?



This week brought some sad news. My old friend, Country Al Watterson, left us on September 28. If you have been reading this blog for awhile you may recall that last March I wrote about radio adventures with Al when we broadcast primarily to prairie dogs , cattle and buffalo on the South Dakota plains in the 1960's. Al was an original who always knew how to have fun. I regret that I never made it to New England to see him in his Vermont retirement haven. The clock just ran out. Good night old pal...Save a show for me on the BIG station. (I'm sure Clear Channel doesn't own it.)

No comments: