Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A New Yankee Skipper?

The Yankees are toast.
Good!
I've always hated them. They ruined my childhood.
When I was a kid I lived in Michigan and the Detroit Tigers were my team. Throughout the 1950's, every Spring brought me new hope that "this will be the Tigers' year". It never was.
The Tigers were usually in sole possession of last place by Memorial Day and my pals and I would spend the Summer stewing in the juices of our hatred for the perennially first place YANKEES.
Since I still carry a grudge, each baseball post season finds me rooting for ANYBODY but the Yankees. This year my heart was with the Cleveland Indians as they nailed the coffin shut on the Bronx Bombers during the playoffs. Now, I'll switch sides and cheer for whoever represents the National League in the World Series. (My long stay in San Diego has made me a Padres fan and a certified hater of all that is the American League.)

Now that the Yankees have been eliminated from contention, the world class awful George Steinbrenner has Yankee manager Joe Torre twisting in the wind regarding his continued employment as skipper of the club. It doesn't matter that Torre has done a good job with the team he had...George is a colossal jerk and will probably have Joe clutching his "blowout box" and calling a cab from the stadium parking lot before the week is out.



Joe Torre:
How could anybody fire a mug like this??!!








With the departure of Joe Torre, major stooge Steinbrenner will be looking for a new person to helm one of the most storied franchises in baseball history...And, I have some suggestions for George's consideration:

Not sure of his name...but he appears to have all the "tools".





Queen Liz: She has a lot of time on her hands and it would be good for international relations.



Eddie Haskel: Ready and rested. Need I say more?



Goober: Could have a real following south of the Mason-Dixon line; good for countering the Brave's lock on the South.









A few others to consider....



No comments: