Friday, July 27, 2018

A Good Time At 7000 Feet


My family is small.  Two daughters and their husbands, a grandson, a brother, his wife and son, two first cousins and a second cousin comprise the entire posse.  My late wife's family is, by most measures, a considerable collection of brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins numerous enough to require name tags to keep things straight.  It's a jolly clan in spite of political and geographical differences.  They genuinely care for each other and it works.  Luckily the Buckinghams continue to consider me a part of the clan and include me in their family celebrations,  for which I am grateful.  

This past week three of my nephews hosted a celebration of life for their parents at Sylvan Lake Lodge in the Black Hills of South Dakota and most of the family made it.  It was an unforgettable few days of laughter, great food, water sports, hiking and sightseeing in one of America's best locations.  If you haven't been, put it on your list of places to see before it's too late.  At least see Mount Rushmore.  It will make you proud to be an American.

Here are a few pictures...

George and the boys.

Getting around in the Black Hills is often interesting.


Fun at Sylvan Lake
Daughter, Katie, and her family

These guys like me because I gave each their first illegal drink.
Have you noticed how much younger pilots are these days?



Buckingham, party of thirty, your table is ready.

No comments: