Thursday, February 1, 2007

Sure looks stupid to me...

I realize that this may just be one of those things I'm just too old to get. I am, after all, a card carrying member of AARP. (Hate their "gimmie gimmie gimmie" politics but love their magazine.) But what is up with all the body mutilation I see on so many kids and young adults today? The dopey tatoos were bad enough. I'm especially fond of those elaborate sunsets over the crack of the ass and the Chinese character tats that probably translate to "cashew chicken with rice". But, now I'm seeing these god awful lip, tongue, and other appendage piercings that are frankly disturbing. Oh yeah, who can forget the goofs I see with those damn little discs in their earlobes??!! Are they auditioning for jobs as extras in some "Return to the Serengeti" epic? This is the kind of stuff that would have earned a guy a serious ass kicking a few decades ago. It's insane, but unless you have one of these weirdos living under your roof, there isn't much of anything you can do about it.

Wait. I take that back. You can do what I have done. Beg borrow and steal all the legal tender possible and buy stock in Palomar Medical Technology. (symbol: PMTI) They manufacture the leading laser device used in tatoo removal. I have a very strong suspicion that you and I will be ringing the register bigtime in ten or fifteen years. I'm betting that when that ass crack sunset starts to look like an unfortunate birthmark you and I will be laughing all the way to the bank.

In the meantime....The world is a freakshow. And, since you live in America, you have a front row seat.

1 comment:

DASJEWD said...

Is this Dennis Miller?
I am in Scotland and I am reading your blog Ken, that means you are almost as popular as David Hasselhoff!