Monday, February 12, 2007

"Tank heaven for leetle gurls"

My friend Bill was on the phone. He needed help.
His fiance has been mad at him since Super Bowl Sunday. Something about directions, the driving kind, was behind it. It has been my experience that some women just don't understand that a man simply doesn't stop to ask for directions. It just ISN'T DONE!

So...The reason Bill was calling me is that it is well know amongst the brethren that I have a way with women. I love them! I love my wife; my daughters; my mother and at least a little of every one of them with which God has seen fit to grace his green earth. They are prettier, nicer, easier to look at, smell better, and are delightfully softer than any guy... and I dig them.

I don't know if my appreciation for humans of the feminine persuasion originally sprang from having a brother and no sisters. Or from the fact that they just make me delighted to be on this side of the sod whenever they're around. I know I'm grateful for my daughters being kind enough to let me be just "dumb old dad" when they were growing up instead of seeing how many times they could make me come up with bail money as my brother and I did to our parents. (Now that I think of it, we also can probably take credit for Dad's high blood pressure and male pattern baldness.)

Anyway, I love chicks. And as Valentines Day comes into view I just want to say thanks for being there ladies. I don't even care that they all throw like girls. It's kind of cute really.

Oh, I almost forgot. My friend Bill was calling me for an idea of what to get his fiance for Valentine's Day. You know, something that would really "say it all" and get him out of that guy prison that gals consign us to when we fail to get it. Bill knows that I'm one hombre that can always figure out what women want.

Yeah, he's getting her the pool table.

No comments: