Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Shoot me now!

It occurs to me that we are embarking on a nearly two year long
presidential campaign. If a couple of the big states like California
and Florida decide to have early primaries, we could have the anointed
candidates for each party decided almost nine months ahead of the
actual election.

While the certainty of real comedy excites me
as I picture both standard bearers attempting to explain away every
legitimate and bogus charge leveled against them by the opposition: "Isn't it true senator that when you were thirteen you were caught peeking through the knothole in the girls' shower at camp Hornywood?" The mind reels at how stupid and tedious the whole process will be. A long political career could go down quicker than a Tijuana hooker on a Shriner.

Here
is my solution: Just give it to John McCain. I don't care what you
think of his politics, just GIVE IT TO HIM. Anybody who spent seven
years as a POW can have anything he wants as far as I'm concerned. Give
him the presidency. In fact, do it right now and while you're at it,
.....FREE ICE CREAM FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.

We're done. Now everybody get back to work.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Can't you just see Hillary looking thru the same knot hole? Or maybe thru another one, now that I think of it. Sometimes looking at her when she's not all made up makes it hard to figure out which knot hole she would be looking thru.
And I really like the ice cream idea; but why give it to just the Senator/President? It seems to me I should be given some sort of reward for having to put up with all of the purely political crap we'll be subjected to for the next 18 months.