Thursday, January 25, 2007

As I was saying...

Someone, a friend I think, said that it would be a really terrific idea for me to start a blog. Well, how do you like it so far? You see, for nearly forty years I had an escape valve for all of the weird effluva floating around in my head. I had a radio show, usually a morning show, on several stations in various parts of the country. Now that I think of it, most of the stations were on the West coast. Not that it matters where the shows were broadcast, although a vast majority of the truly deranged populace of America dwells on the West coast.

I have not been on the radio for a couple of years now. In radio speak: I got "quit". Radio being a rather carnival like business tends to dispatch people on a whim or the fluctuation of a rating period; so most folks in the business seem to get fired....a lot. Most of my friends are no longer in the business. Frankly it isn't the same business it was when I began my career as a blabbermouth in the Sixties. But what business is?

Well, I'm fairly tired from actually setting up this blog account and I'm sure that excellent observations and sterling ideas will be pouring forth after a pause of twenty-four hours or so......Then again I may take a year or two off. Hey, who said this was going to be easy????

1 comment:

Ken Buckingham said...

I like your blog. As I find significant things to say, I'll post them.