Sunday, March 25, 2007

Random thoughts on a Sunday afternoon...
















Does anybody have a spare eleven year-old who's not busy creating cold fusion in his bedroom?
I'm pretty sure that is just the person who can handle my latest computer problem. It pains me to confess this, but I have spent the better part of this whole weekend trying to make my computer files behave. The damn things are supposed to go to one "drive" and instead go...well, I'm not real sure where they go. Maybe they're busy doing other important computer file things. Or, more likely, I have files that are trouble makers...maybe even delinquent. Yes, I'm sure that's it! Anyhow, I have now given up and will wait for my son-in-law, Doug, to bail me out the next time he and Katie are here. (Wait...Isn't Doug the guy who once clicked a couple of keys on my computer; pronounced it "new and improved" and then watched it die on the table?) Screw it! In the old days I would have just had a few drinks and set fire to the thing. Now, I'm left with only the "buy a new computer" solution which, based on my former capacity for the sauce, is probably the more economical answer.

Linda and I finally got around to seeing the movie, "Borat", a couple of days ago. It is out on DVD now and I was worried that perhaps all of my friends who loved the film may have over sold it. I thought it was a scream. I laughed out loud...A LOT; Linda not quite so much. It is definitely NOT politically correct and that's what makes it so damn much fun! We need more movies that are just full speed ahead FUNNY. It IS offensive; that's why it's funny!

I save my Mom's letters... It's something that I have been doing for several years now. She is almost 86 and, frankly, I started saving them because I didn't think she had many more to send. Each week Linda sends her a letter bringing her up to date on what our family is doing and Mom, in return, sends a letter back. It's hard for her these days as dementia has robbed her of almost all of her short-term memory. (The really bad stuff my brother and I pulled she, of course, remembers.) But, she tries. Sometimes she only sends a few lines and maybe a clipping of a cartoon from her local newspaper in Illinois. Maybe our kids or grand kids will enjoy looking at these letters several years down the road. I hope so.


Excuse me...I've decided that I AM going to set fire to my computer!
No drinks, though...Well, maybe a Dr. Pepper.

No comments: