Thursday, October 22, 2009

Let's all watch the ROLLER DERBY!

Here is something to worry about...
Since the dirtbags and douche bags who run our federal government refuse to utilize the oil and gas reserves we are blessed to have at our disposal, it seems that we now have to worry about our GOOD FRIENDS in Saudi Arabia having to make do with fewer yachts in years to come. You see, in an effort to cut our carbon output, (I've got your carbon output right here!), the good folks at OPEC are worried and whimpering about not being able to make as much money as they have in the past. In other words...the pusher is worried about the junkie heading for rehab and feels entitled to compensation.
You can't make this stuff up! I merely report the news.




DIRTBAGS








DOUCHE BAGS




My suggestion is this:
Let's all watch Roller Derby! There is a brand new movie staring Drew Barrymore that opens soon and it got me to thinking about how much I miss that wonderfully American form of television entertainment. Many of us boomers spent countless happy hours watching the hair-pull on wheels that is exciting derby action in glorious and snowy black & white. I don't know about you, but I never understood any of the rules of the sport, in fact maybe there weren't any. It was just a damn fine way to spend a Saturday afternoon.


NBC should bring back Roller Derby in prime time. Even though he's supposedly a very nice guy, Jay Leno just isn't cutting it five nights a week against any of the CBS, ABC or FOX doctor, lawyer or cop shows. They need help and Roller Derby is the answer. Hell, if NBC doesn't want it, maybe we could send old derby kinescopes to those Arab oil sheiks. I'm surprised congress hasn't thought of that! (Oh yeah, they're dirtbags and douche bags.) After all, these guys wear their laundry on their heads. How tough can it be to amuse them?


Roller Derby and a picture of my grandson Danny. (I had to work in a new snapshot.) How could the rest of the world resist?
I wonder if our new head honcho has an Entertainment/Energy Czar slot open for me?



No comments: