Sunday, May 11, 2008

MOMs...

Happy Mother's Day.
(Not you sir!)
I know that this is one of those "Hallmark" holidays that most of us feel good about lumping into the pain-in-the-ass category, but let's not be too hasty.

(My mom...still kicking at 86.)


If you're lucky enough to still have yours on the right side of the sod, Mom is the one you can count on to be in your corner no matter who else hates your guts. Dad may have tolerated you, but mom really does think that you are a genius humanitarian who is seconds away from the Nobel prize. "Those fools gave it to that fat moron Gore!"


(Linda giving me the "knock it off" look.)


If you're really lucky, you also are married to a wonderful mom. My wife, Linda, did a bang-up job of mothering our daughters Kelly and Katie. Even though there were many times when I was going Homer Simpson on them they both managed to make it to their late 30's. She even guided them toward wonderful careers and husbands who will no doubt surpass their old man in many ways. Not bad.



So, to moms everywhere...Thank you! You're the best.
Enjoy your day.


Oh, by the way...
Could I have an advance on my allowance?
I've got this million dollar idea that just might win me the NOBEL PRIZE.

No comments: