Friday, March 3, 2017

Help! Spring Emergency



"We've been here thirty years and never seen a winter hang on like this one."
Lake Coeur D' Alene, March 2017
I've been hearing lots of this refrain and frankly it's not helping.  Coming to Lake Coeur D' Alene in the Idaho panhandle from Southern California more than two years ago is still doubtless one of the best moves my wife and I have ever made.  Neither of us relished the prospect of being among the last twenty or thirty conservatives in a circus where the ringmaster, Jerry Brown, and his liberal monkey minions are in control of the Big Top.  Having lived in eleven of the fifty states, it truly astounds me that in a mere thirty years of central planning and identity pandering sufficient to embarrass a Tijuana madam,  Democrat politicians have taken California from first to worst in my Hit Parade of states.  I miss friends but, my God, what a colossal train wreck the once "Golden State" has become.  Tragic, really, but the weather IS nice.   


North Idaho is spectacular.  Taxes are low, the scenery stunning, people are friendly and the price of nearly everything is a bargain compared to California.  The first two winters were handled with ease and then we had this one.  WOW!  More than 100 inches of snow, lots of rain and temperatures that have seldom seen fit to mosey out of the 20-35 degree range have given my wife and me cabin fever and a super duper hankering for some SPRING.  

Now, this is more like it!

Every morning I check the long range forecast and see nothing but "rain and snow showers through next week."  I'm beginning to feel like Jack Nicholson's character in "The Shining".  Warmer weather,  a patch of green grass, and blue skies would be a remarkably positive change in direction.  The problem is I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play make Jack a dull boy...............................................................................................

Now, where is that ax?  "I'm comin' to get you Wendy!"
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

"Here's.....Johnny!"



No comments: