Friday, March 21, 2014

Best Birthday Yet

Recently I hit the on ramp for route 66.  No big deal really when you factor in the alternative.  I'm happy to have had my option picked up for another year of life's ups and downs.  If you are also on the "senior circuit" you know what I mean.  Too many friends have missed the cut and others are dealing with challenges they never saw coming.  If you're okay, it's perfectly acceptable to enjoy the ride.  You'll be asked to get off soon enough.   No need to rush things.

For the first time in many years both kids were at home for my birthday and that was sweet.  Each daughter has done well by any measure.  They found work that fulfills them and have husbands who love and respect them.  Every parent takes comfort and pride in their childrens' happiness.  

My one and only grandson, Dan, as kids are inclined, was more excited about my birthday than I.  His mom said that he had shopped diligently to find the perfect present for grandpa.  He could hardly contain himself as he watched me open a carefully wrapped package of well petrified dinosaur poop he scored from some museum. 
 It's only the BEST GIFT EVER!

It will be a sad day when he outgrows me.


Dan shows off his new fake tattoos
Grandpa and Dan rest up after a wrestling match.


No comments: